Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Site visit – Darode-Jog properties Westside county, Pimple Gurav, Pune


I happened to visit a the launch of Darode-Jog’s Westside county today. Today’s launch was by invitation only, hence I could go through the details at leisure.

The site is located in Pimple Gurav, behind Aundh Chest hospital, next to New Sangvi. While going there I went from Baner and hence took the Rajiv Gandhi bridge. While coming back I used the Spicer college route. That’s when it came to my mind, that this place has multiple connectivity options, as some of the other approach roads are the one through Dapodi market and other from Rahatni and the upcoming DP road from Nashik phata to Hinjewadi.

The plot is situated next to vacant defense land on the west, hence I see no blockage for westerly winds, especially if one chooses higher floors. All the buildings are parking + 12 floors each. Also I could see couple of water tanks (not tankers :)), a petrol station and a cooking gas supplier en-route to the venue. So hopefully no problems of utilities.

Although some of the above points are mentioned in their brochure, I found them good enough to give them a second mention here.

I reached the venue, parked and entered the site office. The site office is not a makeshift one, but a swanky, fully furnished and functional one. It has a rich feel for it. It signifies the amount of detail planning and spending they have done to make visitors comfortable. Hope they do the same for the whole project. I then saw a small video clip of the various flat configurations, amenities et.al. This has now become a norm for any new launch.

After that I went to see the sample flat. I must say, I was pretty impressed with what I saw. They have various configurations of 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 BHK. The sample flat was 2 BHK. It was extremely tastefully done. The layouts are very good. The most I liked was the 2BHK one. My feeling is that their punch line ‘Pune’s best Floor Plans here’ carry good amount of weight.

Just when I was about to finish my survey of sample flat, I wondered, ‘the glass partitioned shower section in the bathroom is good to have but where will I keep my washing machine’. That’s when I saw a washing machine in the dry balcony. Such déjà-vu instances give you a feeling that the people behind this have really given their thought and used their years of experience while designing this complex.

The complex has other features like solar water, rainwater harvesting, organic waste converter, water treatment and sewage treatment, which will fetch you some discounts in PCMC yearly property tax liability.

The 2BHK flat carpet area is 634 sq.ft. and terrace carpet is 128 sq.ft, salable is 907 sqft. The per sqft quoted was Rs. 3400. The best configuration cost is about 40 lakhs inclusive of all taxes+ parking+other items. Personally I feel it’s a good deal. Also interesting thing is that facilities like gym and swimming pool are optional, hence you need not pay for it if you are not going to use it.

I spent 2 hours travelling to the venue and looking around. At end of it I felt it were well spent 2 hours !!

Note: Like I always do before I visit a new place, I used wikimapia to locate the venue. The URL for same is http://wikimapia.org/#lat=18.5912094&lon=73.8136303&z=17&l=0&m=b

I also went through the builder’s website for Westside County: http://www.darodejog.com/westintro.php



No comments: